REGISTER | LOGIN | SEARCH

Swap Anything You don't Need with anything You want. Learn More

Author I helped free Nnamdi Kanu, I forgive IPOB  (Read 89 times)

Description: I helped free Nnamdi Kanu, I forgive IPOB ‘for they know not what they do’, Ekweremadu speaks

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Charles Dickson

• Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 3506
  • Gender: Male
    • Share Post
I helped free Nnamdi Kanu, I forgive IPOB
« on: August 18, 2019, 12:13:45 AM »
  • I helped free Nnamdi Kanu, I forgive IPOB ‘for they know not what they do’, Ekweremadu speaks

Former Deputy Senate President, Ike Enweremadu, has confirmed a physical assault on him by members of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) in Nuremberg, Germany.

The proscribed group had on Saturday shared a video on its Facebook page, Radio Biafra, showing its members attacking the senator who represents Enugu West.

Radio Biafra wrote, “Senator Ike Ekwere Mmadu escaped being lynched by frustrated IPOB family members in Germany. He was seriously questioned and accused of conspiring with Nigeria government in proscribing and killing of hundreds of unarmed IPOB family members in Nigeria.”

Enweremadu confirmed the attack in a statement by his Media Assistant, Uche Anichukwu, in Abuja, stating that he was safe.

He, however, condemned the attack and said he had immediately reported it to the Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, Yusuf Tuggar.

“I attended the Second Annual Cultural Festival and Convention organised by Ndi-Igbo Germany in Nurnberg today where I was billed to give a keynote address along with the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, who, however could not make it eventually,” he said.

“I was given a resounding welcome by Ndigbo in Germany and everything went smoothly until some men, who identified themselves as IPOB members stormed the venue and began to complain about the killings in the South East, stressing that there would be no Igbo event at the venue.

READ ALSO: ‘It’s un-Igbo’; Ohanaeze condemns attack on Ekweremadu in Germany by ‘IPOB miscreants’

“I tried to engage them but when they became unruly, I had to leave the venue. The organisers also invited the police and I was accompanied out of the venue.

“Much as I am disappointed in their conduct, especially as I am one of the persons, who have spoken up on justice for Ndigbo, the Python Dance, judicial killings in Igbo land and elsewhere both on the floor of the Senate and in my written and personal engagements with the Presidency and the media as well as rallied the South East Senate Caucus to secure Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s release with Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe taking him on bail to douse tension in the South East, I nevertheless do not hold this to heart against them, for they know not what they do.

“I have received thousands of solidarity calls and messages from well- meaning Ndigbo.

“I want to assure them that I am hale and hearty. I have also spoken with the Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, Ambassador Yusuf Tuggar.”

Linkback: https://naijasky.com/politics/1758/i-helped-free-nnamdi-kanu-i-forgive-ipob/43771/

NaijaSky

I helped free Nnamdi Kanu, I forgive IPOB
    « on: August 18, 2019, 12:13:45 AM »

• Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via twitter

clip
    Ex-Governor Orji Kalu, Denies Saying IPOB’s Leader Nnamdi Kanu Escaped to London

Started by graciebella

Started by graciebella

0 Replies
    441 Views
    Last post September 27, 2017, 09:13:15 AM
    by graciebella
    clip
    IPOB leader Kanu now on the run

Started by graciebella

Last post October 16, 2017, 10:16:58 AM
    by graciebella
    0 Replies
    205 Views
    Last post February 24, 2018, 11:26:31 AM
    by oneluv

Publishing,Chat Communications, Swap & Gifts, Cultures and Tourist Attractions, Directories,Local News and Discussions,Blogs, Advertising and Promotions

States: Fct | Abia | Adamawa | Akwa-ibom | Anambra | Bauchi | Bayelsa | Benue | Borno| Cross-river | Delta| Ebonyi | Edo | Ekiti| Enugu | Gombe | Imo| Jigawa | Kaduna | Kano | Katsina | Kebbi | Kogi | Kwara | Lagos | Nasarawa | Niger | Ogun | Ondo | Osun | Oyo | Plateau | Rivers | Sokoto | Taraba | Yobe| Zamfara

Naijasky:2012-2019 | Swap | Contact | About Us | Policy | Terms Of Service | Blog Categories | Politics | Health | Autos | Property | Business | Finance | Love | Entertainment | Music | Sport | Oil & Gas | Aviation | Travel | Others