Promote Your Business with Video, Pictures and Text; LEARN MORE Click Here


NAIJASKY.COM: 500 Local Communities Platforms | Top 100 Blogs | 200 Local Business Directories | Histories of 500 Towns |


Turn $35 into $3,500 in your spare time, Click Here



Author Ohio suspect confirmed  (Read 653 times)

Description:

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Success Writer

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2398
  • Gender: Male
    • Share Post
Ohio suspect confirmed
« on: May 16, 2013, 07:58:46 AM »
Ohio suspect confirmed as girl's father

ARIEL Castro, the man accused of holding three women hostage for about a decade in Ohio, fathered a child who was also rescued from his house, US authorities have confirmed.

He has been charged with the kidnap and rape of Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23 and Michelle Knight, 32.

A DNA test proved Ms Berry's six-year-old daughter, born in captivity, was his child, investigators said.

The four were rescued on Monday when Ms Berry escaped and raised the alarm.

Meanwhile, on Friday Ms Knight returned home from hospital, the last of the three to do so.

Ohio prosecutors have said they plan to seek aggravated murder charges that could carry the death penalty against Mr Castro, 52. The charges relate to alleged forced miscarriages.

'Torture chamber'
On Thursday, Cuyahoga County prosecutor Tim McGinty said the murder charges were based on evidence from Ms Knight that Mr Castro had impregnated her, then physically abused and starved her to induce five miscarriages while she was being held captive.

"This child kidnapper operated a torture chamber and private prison in the heart of our city," Mr McGinty said.

Earlier that day, Mr Castro had appeared in court in Cleveland, but did not enter a plea.

He is charged with four counts of kidnapping, covering the three initial abduction victims and the young girl, named Jocelyn, who was apparently conceived and born in captivity.

The former school bus driver also faces three counts of rape, one against each woman.

Bail was set at $8m (£5.1m), meaning he will remain in custody.

He has been placed on suicide watch and will be kept in isolation, his court-appointed lawyer Kathleen DeMetz told reporters.

According to CBS News, Mr Castro confessed to his crimes in a long, hand-written letter found in the house, which investigators believe may have been intended as a suicide note.

In the 2004-dated letter, he said he had been raped as a child by a relative, a law enforcement source told the US network.


Linkback: https://naijasky.com/united-states-of-america/1861/ohio-suspect-confirmed/4853/

NaijaSky

Ohio suspect confirmed
« on: May 16, 2013, 07:58:46 AM »


Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via twitter
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
4 Replies
801 Views
Last post March 05, 2017, 02:48:01 PM
by Isaac Adeniran
0 Replies
504 Views
Last post March 24, 2017, 07:14:49 AM
by Gregg George
0 Replies
165 Views
Last post October 26, 2017, 02:46:31 AM
by graciebella


For Adverts placement on Naijasky.com contact Wale on 08033181698 by call, sms or whatsapp